That is lovely Barn Owl and the 1956 pic is just as I remember you. Hope you are feeling better, how is the cross stitch coming along? Really,really cold wind but the sun is nice - from behind the glass window! I have been wrapping small gifts for Easter and I try to make each one a bit individual - tissue flowers with a name in the middle, layer on layer of different coloured tissue paper. Small circles cut into petal shapes and twisted in the centre then stuck in the middle on top of the lower one. This year I found silver charms for the girls. A donkey, a rabbit, a hedgehog and a dog - the dog is for Chloe because she loves dogs. At £3.50 each they are not too bad and last longer than an egg! (Mind you they get a small egg too!) I don't give pocket money so we can indulge them a little bit every now and then, so birthdays, Christmas and Easter and that is usually their lot! Hand knitted toys, cardigans or dressed dolls/teddies are long since 'out' as gifts but I try to keep things a bit meaningful or individual. The boys are more difficult, especially now they are older but I still aim at New Birth or New Beginnings for Easter - and we still have an egg hunt for tiny eggs, they all like chocolate! Simple, traditional things. Jules.x
1 comment:
That is lovely Barn Owl and the 1956 pic is just as I remember you.
Hope you are feeling better, how is the cross stitch coming along? Really,really cold wind but the sun is nice - from behind the glass window! I have been wrapping small gifts for Easter and I try to make each one a bit individual - tissue flowers with a name in the middle, layer on layer of different coloured tissue paper. Small circles cut into petal shapes and twisted in the centre then stuck in the middle on top of the lower one. This year I found silver charms for the girls. A donkey, a rabbit, a hedgehog and a dog - the dog is for Chloe because she loves dogs. At £3.50 each they are not too bad and last longer than an egg! (Mind you they get a small egg too!) I don't give pocket money so we can indulge them a little bit every now and then, so birthdays, Christmas and Easter and that is usually their lot! Hand knitted toys, cardigans or dressed dolls/teddies are long since 'out' as gifts but I try to keep things a bit meaningful or individual. The boys are more difficult, especially now they are older but I still aim at New Birth or New Beginnings for Easter - and we still have an egg hunt for tiny eggs, they all like chocolate! Simple, traditional things.
Jules.x
Post a Comment