.

Tuesday, 19 May 2009

TUESDAY 19 MAY 2009


Do you know this Little Fisherman Sheila.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Lovely composition barn owl. I like that.

Travelling Phil said...

Wow! Thank you! Your summation of the fish and the swimming pool is accurate in a few ways of interpretation.

As I'm sure my mum has mentioned, I really didn't like fishing and became bored so quickly. I didn't like the idea of not being able to see the fish that I was fishing for (for all I knew the fish could have been on a school excursion and my hook and bait sitting in a big mass of empty water).

Therefore I used to drop my hook and bait closer to sea/river's edge so I could see the fish. Then my problem become catching fish that were too small and I threw them back again.

Which ever may I tried to fish, I would always be totally bored within ten minutes and want to do or go somewhere else.

In those days, you could have given me a swimming pool (or surf beach) any day rather than spend the time fishing.

I think another thing that put me off fishing was that I didn't like to eat fish; there were too many bones. In fact I still don't like to eat fish but the Doctor keeps serving it to me. The Doctor says that fish will help my brain and make my studies easier???

Anyway, it's an excellent picture that brings back many memories. Thank you...

By the way, I really like that picture you did of Joshua. It looks really professional; just like an artist had just painted it.